- of This Thread that Still Connects us 25 de February de 2018
- of Navigation and Cataloguing 15 de January de 2018
- of Family and Families 30 de December de 2017
- of Water and Lime 30 de November de 2017
- of Books and Homes 30 de October de 2017
- of Parties and de/Feats 30 de September de 2017
- of Visions of the Future 30 de August de 2017
- Trilogy of privacy 17 de June de 2016
- AntiKeres 14 de June de 2015
- Domus aurea 15 de June de 2014
- Sibyl 16 de February de 2013
- Tongue 18 de January de 2012
- In Des/Time 30 de May de 2010
- Press still lifes 21 de June de 2009
- The eighth weapon 20 de June de 2008
- Tango 30 de May de 2007
- Showcase 30 de May de 2006
1998-2017 HETERONYMS: OF AN INTERSECTION OF PROCESSES
of Family and Families
«Migrating, —writes John Berger— will always be the dismantling of the center of the world and, consequently, the relocation of another lost, disoriented, fragmentary structure».
The modern city, a paradigm of the forced division of origin, is the place where yearnings come together in search of lost unity.
Barcelona is also the land of immigrants, where refugees and displaced people, Gypsies and Spaniards, come from lands not so far away, by-passers who travel around the city as a family, or with the memory of families dismembered or accompanied by, now, emotionally distant absences.
The city can be Nature formulated by art, which is capable of transforming into a stage of what has been lived, as if we had always been there.
It is this scene of the lived thing, which Marga Ximenez brings us closer in these works. “of Family and Families”, recreation of “The Family” by Pia Remedios, its closest heteronym, zaragozana artist, its aragonese and gypsy «alter ego». Here the interrelation takes place in reverse, Marga intervenes in her character's work, from which she feels interrogated and with which she empathizes not without pain. The dialogue that occurs allows one to recognize oneself in history, in one's own history, that of the other, that of others.
From the texts of Nora Ancarola for the exhibition “Heteronyms: of an intersection of processes”.
2017 - Maristany Art Center, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Catalonia.